Unique hostess gift
by Lynn KirkOct 20, 2021
Whether you’ve been invited to someone’s home for dinner or their beach house for a weekend getaway, a unique hostess gift is always appropriate (and yes, even expected in this day and time). The same applies for winter gatherings, housewarmings, and holiday parties.
So once again, you need a unique hostess gift. Sure, you can take another bottle of wine, but you did that last time (and really, how unique is that?). It will just be added to their wine rack and/or be gone in one brief setting. And then there is the age-old tradition of fresh flowers, but a bouquet causes a fuss till just-the-right vase is found, plus the flowers’ lifetime is no time. How about a box of candy? Well, with all the hype about fitness and wellness, it might be best to avoid sugar and such.
Succulent Market has your answer – actually hundreds of them -- and each is a unique hostess gift! Our website features page after page of color photos of every type of succulent and cactus you can imagine. You can browse types, colors, and forms with the click of a mouse (how’s that for little time and effort?). And the cost$ run the gamut, so one is sure to fit your budget.
Gosh, there are even 14 different "potted collections" that double as a unique hostess gift. Check them out!
- Aloe Collection: Combo pack of 4 Aloe varieties, each 4 inches in a colorfully glazed pot.
- Beginners Collection: 4 hardy succulents that make gardening easy and fear-free.
- Cactus Collection: Can’t-resist-4-inch cacti x 4.
- Colorful Collection: 4 multi-colored, 4-inch succulent plants boasting their own autumnal hues.
- Crassula Collection: 4 different Crassula in 4 different pots = Variety at its best.
- Echeveria Collection: 4 Echeveria varieties, each 4 inches and as lovely as the next.
- Indoor Collection: 4 different potted pretties, ready for a sunny windowsill.
- Mini Artesian Taupe Collection: Colorful Succulents: 3 artesian, taupe-topped planters with just-as-colorful 2-inch plants.
- Mini Artesian Taupe Collection: Cactus: 3 striking cacti, each 2 inches and delivered in a taupe-topped artesian pot
- Mini Vanilla Bisque Collection: Color Succulents: 3 cream-colored, artisan-topped pots present a 2-inch seasonal succulent.
- Moon Cactus: 3-inch glazed pots showcase 6 showstopper cacti with one-of-a-kind forms and colors.
- Serenity Collection: Peace and tranquility provided by 5 succulents in cool-toned pots.
- Summer Collection: 5 healthy succulent plants in pots as colorful as the succulents themselves.
- Summer Garden Collection: 5 fun-loving, sun-loving succulents with pastel-pot and white-rock accents
- Zebra Collection: 4 white-striped Zebra plants (Haworthia Super White), ideal for home or office.
Or, if you really want to show your gratitude, order an artistic dish garden. It says “thanks” in a special way while doubling as a unique hostess gift and distinctive centerpiece for home or office.
- Rock Succulent Dish Garden: Striking 5-inch glazed bowl holds a handpicked, handplanted succulent assortment.
- Moss Succulent Dish Garden: Super-unique mosses planted by design in a lovely 5-inch glazed bowl.
Tip: Show your appreciation by ordering ahead and having your gift delivered the week of the special event, while your hostess is finishing up the final touches. And while you’re working on your order, why not start your holiday gift list?
Succulent plants are easy to grow and hard to forget. That’s why they continue to be the ideal gift, time and again!
Emily Post Etiquette
Q. What kind of gift should I bring for my host?
A. It doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive; simply consider the nature of the occasion and local custom when making your choice.